As you probably know, all
Bark River knives and axes are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for life -- and that warranty covers anything and everything. If you ever have a problem with a Bark River product, just return it directly to them and they'll repair or replace it.
Bark River also offers something they call a "spa treatment." They'll re-sharpen your knife, or even completely refurbish it, for only the cost of handling and return shipping (currently $15 in the continental U.S., with other locales higher).
Your knife will come back to you just like new. It's pretty cool.
Bark River Knives offers other services as well, some at extra cost, and we advise always checking with them before shipping your knife back to the factory.
We're proud to carry knives from a company that stands behind their products and takes such good care of our customers.
As of March 2015, here's what Bark River Knives says about returning your knife for service.
All Bark River Knives and axes are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for life. If you have problems with our product, just return it to us and we will repair or replace it. If you would like us to refurbish or re-sharpen the product, please enclose shipping and handling fees:
- $15 Lower 48 US States
- $30 Alaska & Hawaii
- $40 All other Countries
- $5.00 Extra for each additional knife
Our warranty covers anything and everything. Contact us if you have a problem and we can fix it.
Suggested Advice for Shipping to Us
Put a note in the box to let us know what you want done. That includes all email correspondence you have had with either one of our representatives, or with one of our dealers. Please be as specific as possible. Be sure to include:
- Your Full Name
- Your Return Address
- Your Phone Number and E-mail
If you are sending your knife in for sharpening, a spa treatment, or a warranty issue, enclose return shipping & handling and be sure to insure the package.
We need a street address that UPS can deliver to. UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box and we try not to use USPS unless we absolutely have to. We have a full Production Schedule and we try to get this kind of work out of here in under two weeks.
For International Warranties:
- We accept International Money Orders in U.S. currency
- For any VISA or MasterCard charges, there will be an additional $25.00 processing fee.
Here are some other important tips for sending to us:
- If you have a lanyard attached to your knife: Please remove it. If you do not remove it, we will have to. There are no lanyards allowed in the back of our shop for safety reasons.
- Unless the problem with the knife includes the sheath, please do not send the sheath or the product box
- When packaging your knife, please make sure it doesn’t rattle around in the box. Newspaper, magazines or wrapping paper make excellent padding.
- Please make sure the blade, particularly the tip is covered. A nice sleeve for the blade can be made out of cereal box or any other card stock and tape.
- Free boxes can be obtained from the Post Office or your local UPS store. Shoe boxes also work well.
- Please include a printout of any and all emails, private messages, or other correspondence with anyone here at Bark River. We receive hundreds of PT’s and emails per week.
- Please include a detailed list stating what you’d like us to do, or what is wrong with your knife.
For information on cost for work over and above the spa treatments – please contact us in advance. When in doubt of any of this, call.
Address all Warranty packages as follows:
6911 County 426 M.5 Road
Escanaba, MI 49829