Wicked Edge: Precision Sharpening System - WE130
The WE130 is our most versatile sharpener. It offers you the ability to clamp the widest variety of knife grinds, gives you the widest range of angles and the ability to adjust the angles independently. These features create a sharpening system with a highly controlled level of precision for the serious knife enthusiast.
The WE130 Precision Sharpener includes our patented Generation 3 Cam-Lock Vise. This vise is ideal for accommodating a wide variety of knife grinds, including fully flat and hollow ground blades. The Split Jaw Design of the vise allows the jaws to flex so they can firmly grasp distally tapered blades, like many everyday-carry pocket knives and kitchen knives. It offers an expansive range of sharpening angles, allowing you to sharpen a wide assortment of blades, from 13 to 35 degrees per side. Blades with wider angles, such as daggers, cleavers, bushcraft knives and blades with chisel grinds, are all possible on this sharpener, as well as blades with low angles, like many Japanese knives and many knives made from modern super steels. The WE130 also provides independent angle adjustment, allowing you to sharpen asymmetrical grinds.
For avid sharpeners, collectors and knife enthusiasts, the desire to retain the original design or a custom bevel on your knife is paramount to your passion for knives. This sharpener offers coarse angle adjustments in 1 degree increments and micro adjustments of .05 degrees, giving you the flexibility to match the original bevels of your knives without the need to modify the knife’s original grind or unnecessarily remove access material.
The included 10” Guide Rods will allow you to handle knives up to 15 inches in length and the vise has a maximum clamping capacity of 3/16” with an optional attachment (sold separately) for clamping knives with thicknesses up to 1/4". The WE130 Sharpener can be easily mounted to a home workstation or it can be mounted to any of the bases we offer, with the provided hardware.
- Made in the USA
- Guide Rod pivots: Ball-Joint/L-bracket
- Angle Range: 13-35 degrees
- Angle Setting: Manual, independent angle adjustment on both sides of the sharpener
- Main angle Adjustment: 1 degree increments
- Micro Adjustment: 0.05 degree increments
- Vise: Fully enclosed Generation 3 Vise
- Clamping System: Generation 3 Cam-Lock Jaws with Lever and tension adjustment to accommodate different blade thicknesses
- Jaws: Split jaws which will flex to firmly clamp distally tapered blades
- Knife Alignment: Standard Wicked Edge Alignment Guide
- Blade Depth Regulation: Standard Wicked Edge Depth Key with two settings for height adjustment
- Guide Rod Length: 10 inches
- Max Clamping Width: 3/16" *Attachment for 1/4" Blades is available
- Coarse 100 Grit / Medium Coarse 200 Grit Diamond Stones (2 ea)
- Medium 400 Grit / Fine 600 Grit Diamond Stones (2 ea)
- 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Stainless Steel
- Weight: 5.4 LBS
- Dimensions: 11″w x 5.75″d x 7″h
*Granite Base Sold Separately
Note: Orders sent to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada may require additional shipping costs.