Miyabi - Birchwood 8" Chef's Knife
MIYABI Birchwood SG2 8" Chef's Knife - Heavy, sturdy, and wide bladed, the 8" Chef's Knife from Miyabi will be the prize of your kitchen -- besides your cooking! The scalpel-like sharpness is suitable for chopping herbs or scallions, cutting fruit or vegetables, slicing and dicing meats, fish, or poultry. The professional chef or enthusiastic home cook will find this Miyabi knife will perform the range of circular, chopping, and rocking motions needed for most food preparation needs. The functional elegance of Miyabi knives are an investment in art, tradition, construction, design and style for the discriminating that always looks for the absolute best for their kitchens.
The potent core of SG2 super steel is protected by a 101-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern.
The CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
- Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
- Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
- Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
- Double tempering to improve toughness
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- Fully rounded spine
- Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Mosaic pin
- Two red spacers
- End cap with logo