Hults Bruk: Jonaker Hatchet - Forged Axe Head - Premium Series
It is intended for tasks such as making kindling, doing light clearing and for any number of backcountry jobs. It is ideal for including in your pack and being worn on a belt. This item has an axe head weight of one pound and a handle length of 9.4 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It's a fine and useful Tool. A great small size. We use it around the house, for many purposes. But its mainly great for making kindling, and other light to medium grade Yard tasks. I treated the handle with some hi grade linseed oil, to just season it a bit more. My only regret: I can't get the bigger Hults Bruk Axe. I'd buy it instantly, (if KSF can get it.) These are truly Old School craftsmanship; the time honored Art of Axe Making. Get one, before they are Out Of Stock. They might not come back.
Country of Origin: Sweden