DMT Sharp - Magna Guide Kit
Looking for quick, easy solutions to your dull edges? Look no further than the Magna-Kit -- it’s a natural! The Double Sided Diafold® Sharpener offers portable, two-stone sharpening at its best, while the Aligner™ Blade Guide (ABG) provides 7-Angle adjustability for the right edge every time, all combined with the Magnetic Angle Guide - you have a complete package for perfect edges!
The Double Sided Diafold® Sharpener offers two 4" x 1" Diamond Whetstone™ surfaces in one lightweight, portable sharpener. Easy to use on multiple blade types such as hunting knives, kitchen knives, specialty and garden tools, etc. Conveniently sized at 9 1/2" when open and 5" when closed, the Double Sided Diafold® Sharpener can go wherever you go without being a burden. The sharpening stones are protected by folding plastic handles when not in use. Both novice and professional will appreciate the Aligner Blade Guide to create precise, professional, consistent sharpening results. Accommodates wider blades as well as standard blade thicknesses. Easy-to-follow instructions included.
- Extra-Extra Fine (3 micron / 8000 mesh) provides the finest polished edge of all bonded diamond abrasives.
- Extra-Fine diamond (9 micron / 1200 mesh) to polish and refine a razor edge after sharpening with a coarser diamond.
- Fine diamond (25 micron / 600 mesh) for a razor sharp edge.
- Coarse diamond (45 micron / 325 mesh) to quickly restore a neglected edge.
- Convenient size: 9 1/2" open, 5" closed. Folding plastic handles protect sharpener when not in use.
- Both novice and professional will appreciate the ABG to create precise, professional, consistent sharpening results, Accommodates different spine widths as well as standard blade thicknesses.
- Easy-to-follow instructions included.
- Sharpens in a fraction of the time required by conventional stones.
- No messy oils needed—sharpen dry or with water.
- Durable construction will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service.
- For proper tool maintenance, woodworkers, chefs and other professionals rely on the superior quality and versatility of DMT® products.
- Made in USA.
For more information, here's a helpful guide (pdf) to using DMT's products: Sharpening with DMT.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you have very simple blade geometry this can be a very nice no-nonsense sharpneing kit for the cash involved. It's uncomplicated enough a novice blade sharpener can produce good results on most types of steel. Where this blade sharpening kit seems to have some issues with is the blades that have some or lots of variability in the curvature or grind of the blade from grip to tip. Some guessing is still needed to ensure that sharpening angles are accurate. Overall, for modestly sized knives it's a good value and very compact.