Shun Knives: Kanso Boning/Fillet Knife 6.25"
The Shun Kanso Boning/Fillet Knife is a rigid knife with a razor-sharp edge, and it's adept at key kitchen chores. For boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone. Even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun's extremely sharp edge. It’s perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast or even making your own cutlets. The narrow blade reduces the drag as you cut against the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade's 6.5-in. length is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin for a perfect fillet. The contoured tagayasan handle provides a secure grip for excellent control.
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close and offers controlled cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Contoured tagayasan or wenge wood
- Blade length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan