Northwoods Knives - Paring
The Paring Knife is, at least in my kitchen, one of the most used knife in our kitchen. It is a small, versitile knife that is used to peeling, slicing, boning--it just works. The paring knife is often used cutting against the thumb for fine and controlled cuts as well as on the cutting board for rougher cuts.
- The Northwoods Blackwood XHP series of Kitchen Knives is made in the USA with some of the finest materials available.
- We started with classic Japanese designs. They have beautiful, flowing lines and work as good as they look.
- Carpenter’s XHP Steel at 61rc. This highly touted steel is one of the leading powdered steels. It is very tough, holds a great edge, is also a joy to sharpen and easily takes a wicked edge. While technically a stainless steel knife due to the high chromium content (16%), this steel has a HUGE amont of carbon in it, so be aware that this is not a stainless knife. Without proper care, these will develop rust spots.
- Beautiful African Blackwood handles. These are finished buttery smooth.
- Available both with and without bolsters.
The Northwoods Blackwood XHP series of Kitchen Knives are a joy to use. When we handed these knives to local chefs for review, the reactions were quick and clear—these are great knives! Every one of them bought one or more for their own use.
These knives will be a great addition to your kitchen
- Overall Length: 195 mm
- Blade Length: 90 mm
- Blade Thickness: 2 mm
- Weight: 70 grams