Wicked Edge - Precision Sharpening System
Additional shipping will be required to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada.
The Generation 3 Pro Sharpener is our premier sharpener and definite must if you are sharpening a large volume of knives, run a sharpening service or want a sharpener with the simplest set up and the newest hardware. It is feature rich and makes sharpening, touch-ups and repairs a quick and easy task for any user.
The one-step angle adjustment, ranging from 14 to 27 degrees, allows the user to change the sharpening angle simultaneously on both sides of the knife which makes the process of sharpening a knife with the Generation 3 Pro model faster and simpler than our other consumer models.
The free-floating, Cam-Lock Vise Jaw design allows for one handed, secure clamping of knives including fully flat ground blades and it features a tension adjustment which lets the user choose the appropriate tension for varying thicknesses of knives. The maximum blade thickness accepted by the Generation 3 Pro is 3/16” but jaws for 1/4” thick blades are available for this model. A self-centering vise jaw helps create a symmetrical angle on both sides of your knife while you sharpen.
Mounted on a sturdy base that includes storage shelves for 6 of your most used abrasive handles, The Generation 3 Pro Sharpener provides a great platform for stationary, at home use or in the professional work space. The sharpener comes with a hard, waterproof, shock resistant case for storage and transport of the sharpener with a variety of accessories.
- Fully enclosed to prevent metal filings and diamond particles from fouling the cam
- Adjustable vise tension to accommodate a wider range of knife thicknesses
- Cam follower with molybdenum impregnated nylon bearing surface to ride smoothly on the cam, made from highly polished and hardened stainless steel
- Jaw profile designed to reduce interference at lower angles
- Split jaw tops to provide better grip on knives with distal tapers
- Inside jaw faces for better grip on a wider variety of knife profiles
- Depth Key slots with holes for more precise indexing of the blade while mounting
- Milled Pocket to hold the Depth Key
- Extra shelf slot to fit an optional third shelf for additional stone storage
- Designed to be ready for cabinet removal and conversion, to a free-standing storage unit which allows for a more ergonomic operating height
Angle Setting Mechanism
- All angle setting components have been fitted with adjustable, non-friction surfaces for smoother, more precise action
- The top plate is anodized for crisper, more positive angle locking
- Micro-adjustments operate with a knurled thumb wheel for rapid adjustment without tool
Kit and Specs:
- Coarse 100 Grit / Medium Coarse 200 Grit Diamond Stones Pack
- Medium Fine 400 Grit / Fine 600 Grit Diamond Stones Pack
- Extra Fine 800 Grit / Ultra Fine 1000 Grit Diamond Stones Pack
- Vise Jaws: 6061 T6 Aluminum and Stainless Steel Insert
- Housing: 6061 T6 Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Guide Rods: 304 Stainless Steel
- Angle Control Hardware: 304 Stainless Steel
- Stone Holders: Injection Molded Polypropylene Plastic
- Stones: Monocrystalline Diamonds
- Hardware: Stainless Steel
- 0.5 degree coarse angle adjustments
- 0.05 degree fine angle adjustments
- Case inside dimensions: 18.25" x 13" x 6.5"
- Case outside dimensions: 19.75" x 16" x 7.5"
Includes hard carrying case.