Shun Knives: Kanso Asian Utility Knife 7" - SWT0728
Nakiri is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." Once you get the Shun Kanso Nakiri in your hands, you'll soon see why both professional chefs and good cooks around the world choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have fruits or vegetables to prepare. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri isn’t rocked like a chef's knife. Instead, use a simple push cut and enjoy the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it can't be beat. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Kanso Nakiri’s blunt end, safer, too. The hollow-ground indentations in the blade help food release from the blade more easily, too.
- A traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Hollow-ground indentations help food release from the blade
- Steel: AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Contoured tagayasan wood
- Blade length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is by far mine and my husband's favorite knife. The wooden handle feels luxurious in your hand. The finish makes it looks like a beautiful rustic Japanese knife which will be great for hiding scratches. Perfect for chopping lots of veggies!